Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Playful Petals



Oh, what a beautiful morning...oh, what a beautiful day! Can't you just hear those strains from the musical? Betty's color challenge on SCS was to use Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, & Cameo Coral with the dessert option to use clear CS. I had a new pack of clear CS and have never used it...I'm anxious to see what all my fellow stampers come up with! The card base is 5 inches square. I embossed a smaller square of white using the textile EF. I colored the image with Copics, added some bling and a MS border & ribbon (free from Ellen Hutson with a recent order I made). The layout was a sketch by Mercy Kerin...play along on her blog 'Lord Have Mercy'.

STAMPS: Playful Petals (SU)
PAPER: Lovely Lilac, Gable Green, White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: MS Floral Band border punch, Satin ribbon, Adhesive rhinestones, Copic sketch markers, CB, Textile EF

9 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

WOW! I just read that these colors were the colors for the challenge, and I could NOT imagine them together....but you nailed it...your card is just wonderful, and YES! Those colors look great on your card...

Julia Aston said...

Nice job with the sketch and the colors Wanda! love that flower and the bling flourish!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That flourish of rhinestones is fab!! I love it with the clear CS, and the bright colors!!!

Joanne Travis said...

You do such an awesome job of keeping up with challenges and with always wonderful results! Love this.

Pam Speidel said...

Wanda, this is so bright, blingy and beautiful!! We're so happy to have you play along with the challenge! Smiles, Pam :)

Dawn B. said...

This is such a pretty way to use these colors.. I have not been able to upload a card to SCS for 2 days.. Frustrating.. I have to have my fix. LOL.. Great way to use these colors.. I love the clear card. I have not made one of those in so long.. Super job..

Mary Marsh said...

this is another gem wanda-you have done a fab job with both challenges-your ribbon & bow are so pretty-I didnt have any in the colors we were to use today-hard to imagine with all the supplies I have (lol)- so I left the ribbon out

Peggy said...

My kind of card! Warm and sunny colors! Absolutely beautiful!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fresh and lots of fun, and hey... how perfect is the bling.... ding-a-ling delicious!