Sunday, May 23, 2010

Crystal Fight!



ODBD's Shining Light Challenge was to use a sentiment for a focal point. I used Cindy Haffner's sketch challenge on Crazy for Challenges and thought I would make a quick and simple card. NOT TO BE! The large crystal flourish decided it had a mind of its own when I removed it from the acetate! It stuck to everything except what I wanted it to stick to! We fought with each other and I declared myself the winner even though the design was 'slightly rearranged'. Guess that means it's time to stop stamping for today. The big plus to having a rainy Sunday is that I had time to make 3 cards plus take a nap! :-) Thanks for stopping by and commenting...

STAMPS: Hebrews 11:1 Plain Jane by Verve
PAPER: Capella DP (BasicGrey), Black, White
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Zva adhesive crystals

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Francie G. said...

Wow! What a beautiful elegant creation, Wanda! Such beautiful dp and those crystals are so elegant!

Marisa said...

I'm jealous of your nap and crafting time! Also wish to thank you for making me smile LOL! I have a wonderful mental picture of you versing the bling - glad you won :D Great job on the sketch and card.

Mary Marsh said...

this is gorgeous dp and a great sketch to show it off-nice work on both challenges-3 cards and a nap-you got it together girl!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Wanda!! Just love your use of Cindy's sketch!! Love the dp and crystals!! Love your verse! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a gorgeous card!!! The black gems are so stunning against this dsp! Yummy!! Thanks so much for playing along with ODBD!! God Bless!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

They can be a little tricky, but glad you persisted, I love the big black swirl of bling, really makes for a WOW card!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love this one, wow. Gorgeous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of bling~~ gorgeous!!

Betty Wright said...

I so know what you mean about those sticky flourishes accents! Once they are there...they do not move! The results is spectacular, though! Just gorgeous, Wanda! Wonderful scripture card!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card Wanda! Beautiful paper combo and sentiment! Love the pearl flourish!