Monday, May 17, 2010

Framing & Casing Cathleen


I was so happy to see Cathleen (ctorina) as the featured stamper this week on SCS! I've long been a fan of her ultra classy and elegant creations! I chose to CASE this card, and combined it with Holly's challenge to 'get framed' with an image. I also paper pieced the umbrella to add some dimension and colored the small beach scene with an aquapainter and Copics. Even though the image was one of JustRite's new oval stamps, it still fit into the center space of the fleur de lis die that I popped with dimensionals. The shells were stamped on various scraps of DP from the gorgeous paper in a Webster's Pages 6 x 6 inch pad.

STAMPS: Stipple Shells (SU), By the Sea Borders & Centers (JustRite)
PAPER: Petite Papers by Webster's Pages, Natural CS (SU)
INK: Night of Navy
ACCESSORIES: Fleur de Lis die, Sheer ribbon, CB

6 comments:

Marisa said...

I want to go there! Great card!

Bonnie McLain said...

GREAT CARD WANDA!!!! I love the Fleur Di Lis as a frame.. I never would have thought of this one... love it.. and I love the shells on the frame!!!! So very nice. I am working on a page for a book and the theme is sea. I just might have to case a few of these things onto that page... love it all.

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous colors and design, Wanda! I need to choose a card from Cathleen's gallery, too, to case! Love the pattern and paper piecing! Lovely card!

Tanya said...

Oh you got the new JustRite set! Your card is just beautiful. Love your frame, everything is beautiful.

Peggy said...

Gorgeous! Love the way you did the cut out on the fleur de lis to make a frame!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great way to frame this image, and there is definitely a hint of Cathleen in there, and lots of you too, well done on the CASE!