Sunday, May 9, 2010

Casing Lori




Lori Tecler (ltecler) is the featured stamper on SCS this week and her gallery has so many wonderful creations! I chose this card for the floral design off-set to the left of the panel. I changed my position of the sentiment, the colors and images. The rose was stamped with versamark ink on watercolor paper, then embossed with white EP. I spritzed it with water, then dabbed 2 brushes - 1 with Marvelous Magenta ink & the other with Summer Sun ink in different petal areas to get this blend of coloring. The leaves were stamped with Old Olive on Kiwi Kiss CS then the edges were sponged with olive ink. This also qualifies for Amber's VLV challenge #2 - using the hobby room with roses on the wallpaper for my inspiration. TFL!

Stamps: Wishing You (Verve) - sentiment; Love's Flower (Verve) - leaves; Fifth Avenue Floral (SU) - rose
Paper: Green at Heart DP (BasicGrey), White
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Old Olive, Marvelous Magenta, Summer Sun
Accessories: Textile EF, CB, White EP, Kaiser black pearls, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, rose, Wanda! Wow! Great take on the sketch and inspiration piece too. Happy Mother's Day :D

Peggy said...

I just love the colors on this one. So rich and vibrant!! Beautiful card Wanda!

Betty Wright said...

The colors and coloring are just so rich, Wanda! Beautifully done!

Francie G. said...

Wow! What a beautiful rose! Your dp and colors are lovely! Wonderful coloring! Beautifully done, Wanda!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Wow to the colours and the flower, looks FAB!!

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful cad wanda-love the rose image-it was on my list and then I removed it-not sure why-sounds like you had a great mother's day-we spent it with my mil-she was happy