Friday, May 21, 2010

Viva la Verve & IC






This is the 4th & last of Amber's Viva la Verve challenges for May and we have been taking our inspiration from different hobby rooms each week. Today we were to take inspiration from our own crafting space plus use her sketch. On top of my desk is a crystal jar (given to me by a friend at work) and it's filled with a variety of sea shells. I'm loving the new oval By the Sea set by JustRite, so I combined an image from that set with a sentiment & sun from Verve's Let it Shine set. I love making the sailor's knots with these sea scenes (see tutorial in my tip list on the right side of my blog). The image was colored with Copics. When I saw Stef's IC from Amy Atlas' Events website, I spotted the cupcakes on this dessert table and knew this Citronella DP by K&CO was the perfect match! I missed my stamp room yesterday, but had a fun mother/daughter day by going shopping. Today, I got down and dirty by digging out weeds, a couple of dead azaleas plus mowed the front, back and meadow grass! A good hot shower, the making of this card...I think I'll sleep good tonight! :-)

7 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

This is so pretty and serene. I love watching the boats in Seattle, wish I was on one. (But not today, it's really chilly!) Maybe spring will return soon... Your card is really beautiful.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Very cool Wanda, fantastic colouring of the image and I love the bright BG papers, and the knot is fabbo!

Peggy said...

Wow! I must have missed the knot on your post on SCS last night!! This card is just my style! Bright and fun colors!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, this is just beautiful! Wonderful colors, coloring, and design! Love your nautical knot! Lovely card!

Francie G. said...

Bold, bright and fabulous! Beautiful, Wanda!

Mary Marsh said...

sounds like you had a busy day with crafting and yard work. your crafting was a success for sure. you did a great job on both challenges

Bonnie McLain said...

I too love your sailors knots... will have to do a card with that this week sometime.. I love making them, and have yet to use it on a card... I did add it to a page in a scrap book though... and I love the look... This card is lovely with that knot on it... and the blues and yellow are lovely together... lovely card Wanda.