Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Color Throwdown



The Color Throwdown Challenge this week is to use Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise & Kiwi Kiss. I subbed PTI's Hawaiian Shores for turquoise since I thought it matched the ribbon better. I sponged the white roses with Rose Red ink, then layered some borders & lace. It's time to get ready for work...thanks for visiting my blog!

STAMPS: One Person by Verve
PAPER: Raspberry Tart DP (SU), Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Hawaiian Shores, Photo Mat Pink DP (lg. scallop border) by My Mind's Eye
INK: Kiwi Kiss, Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Labels Ten Nesties, CB, Sponge, Rosebuds, Ribbon/lace by Recollections (Mike's), Kaiser pearls, SU border punch, EK Success large scallop punch

11 comments:

Kerri said...

OOH, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the way you layered the dp, and that lace! Your frame is stunning!!!

Broni said...

Beautiful card, Wanda!! Thanks for always playing along with us!!

Dori Shelton said...

What a pretty card! I love the scallops and the lace!

Mary Marsh said...

great use of the challenge colors on this card wanda-love the ribbon treatment

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda, this is a beautiful card and take on the CTD!!! The little flowers are such a sweet embellishment!!! Hugs ~S~

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wanda- OH excellent use of those colors~ love the popped up circle!

Peggy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the touch of lace!

Cathleen said...

Oh Wow Wanda, what a beautiful Mother's Day card, love the pretty DP and colors!

Joanne Travis said...

SO very pretty!! Love that Nesties label shape.

Edna Morrisedie said...

This one bought a smile to my dial, I could look at these colours all day, great sentiment panel too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on being Top 5~~