Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Color Throw Down




I used Roxie's Sketch Challenge for this card's layout and colors from the Color Throw Down Challenge: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, & Baja Breeze. BasicGrey's Euphoria pad had some perfect DP for this. The birdie is paper-pieced, some quick oval punches layered for the sentiment and some 2-step stamping of tulips made this what I consider to be a CAS card. It's Wednesday already and May is flying by...no rain today but no sun either. Only 55 degrees and it's noon. :-( Might have to manufacture some rays by making another sunny yellow card - lol!

STAMPS: Terrific Tulips (SU), So Many Messages (Hero Arts) - sentiment, Decorative Birds (Hero Arts)
PAPER: Euphoria (BasicGrey), Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze, White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Certainly Celery

17 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty...

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Wanda1 Great colors! I never got any of the baja. I need to get some of that color! Beautiful card! I still on these Terrific Tulips, too!

Julia Aston said...

I just love those SU tulips Wanda - they look so pretty cut out and layered over your lovely DP! nice job with the today's sketch!

Marisa said...

I never tire of this tulip set - just love it :D Great card using SCS sketch.

Kerri said...

Those tulips are gorgeous! Beautiful card, Wanda!

Joanne Travis said...

You find the prettiest challenges!! Love this color combination and those lovely tulips.

LeAnne said...

Cute card, Wanda! I am with you on making the sunshine....finally, tomorrow, it's supposed to arrive! Thanks for playing with us again this week! :D

Karen Barber said...

I love these colors!! I love that card! I love those tulips!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty-your colors are so spring-I love the basic grey papers matching su colors

Francie G. said...

Lovely, springy, bright and cheerful creation, Wanda! Great colors! Those tulips are just beautiful!

Dawn B. said...

I love this tulip set. It was one of my first ones..Such a pretty card. I really like the soft pinks. Great card Wanda... I will send you some warm weather.. It is hot here..

Bonnie McLain said...

The gremlins come out at night and leave little messages on our blogs... have you ever noticed that??? Well just checking in... and this card is sheer delight.. love the colors, and also that little blue bird is so cute... And oh wow... new background on the blog... love that... with dial up you get things slowly on here... it just popped in... great colors.. love it too..

Well this card is super nice... and it shines...

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, and that bird is so cute!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Tweet Tweet! You nailed it, fab job on the challenges, lovely use of the panels and I love love your birdie!!

Peggy said...

Beautiful sketch card! Love that stamp set and the colors are very pretty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! LOVE those tulips! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!