Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jazzing it Up with Viva la Verve






The Inspiration Challenge on SCS had us getting inspiration from the Jazz it Up Home Interiors website...wow, what awesome pieces of art! I chose this canvas picture with the layered blues and greens - so cool, calming and serene...much needed after some emotional news yesterday! I used Amber's sketch from the Viva la Verve challenge and chose the hobby room with the same greens/blues on the wall collage as my inspiration. My card is busier than I normally do...in hindsight, I should have used a solid ribbon color rather than add more busy-ness with the polka dots. The image is new from Verve; colored with Copics; part of it cut out and popped w/dimensionals. Some Diamond Stickles were added to the center. It's been several days since I was in my stamping room and it was great to be back into stamping...wonderful therapy for me!

STAMPS: Birthday Wishes Plain Jane (Verve)
PAPER: Hawaiian Shores, Green Boutique (PTI), Neenah Solar White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Janome sewing machine, Diamond Stickles, Copics, Vintage buttons, Ribbon (PTI)

9 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

No wonder you were so taken by the colors!! they are exquisite!! Your card is not too busy! I love it just as it is!! Wonderful sewing, wonderful colors and layout!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wanda - I just adore this card~ those colors are fabulous and that outset flower.. I just love it!

Bonnie McLain said...

OHHHHHhhhhhhhh these are MY colors... I love this card... and what you did with the colors is great... I LOVE this card Wanda... it is fantastic... keep going girl.. love these colors together..

Edna Morrisedie said...

Well Done Well Done Well Done Well Done.... I adore this stamp and you have incorporated colours so well, a real beauty!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

The colors all work well together. I know what you mean by missing your stamping room. I just came back from a 6 day visit to your beautiful state, I enjoyed my trip a lot, but I did miss my craft room...

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely refreshing, Wanda! EVERYTIME I see these colors and that dp it just makes me feel lighthearted! Beautiful design and I LOVE your touch of buttons! Wonderful inspiration card!

Cathleen said...

Wow! What a fantastic card Wanda, I just love the color and love the flower image...what a great card!

Marisa said...

Well done with the sketch and inspiration piece! Hope all is okay with you...

Peggy said...

Beautiful card and color combination!