Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Color Throw Down



The Color Throw Down Challenge for this week included some of my all-time favorite colors: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Old Olive, & Kraft. I took the easy way out, since my Wednesday has an extra full agenda, and let this piece of DP do the work. The printed leaves looked a little blah, so I jazzed them up by folding, cutting & crimping some leaves to add more dimension. Thanks for visiting and commenting...

STAMPS: Verve
PAPER: Sweet Pea DP by SU, Kraft, Baja Breeze, White
INK: Baja Breeze
ACCESSORIES: Vintage buttons (PTI), Oval & oval scallop punches (SU), Crimper, Satin ribbon, White cotton thread

14 comments:

Marisa said...

Cute, cute, cute, Wanda!! Love the longer card length and the flowers are darling. Great CC card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the leaves and this colour challenge, you da girl!! I love the roundness of the flowers and the long card, looks great mate!

Jen Timko said...

Fantastic use of this Sweet Pea DSP! What a great card.

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so sweet, Wanda! Love that patterned paper, it's perfect for the challenge!! Also adore the fresh look you achieved with your pretty flowers and textures :O)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card! I just love your designs!

Hey, sent you a PM yesterday on SCS asking you to email me, but haven't heard from you yet! Can you email me please? tammyhershberger[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Those flowers are terrific~~

Bonnie McLain said...

Great Card Wanda... love your choices of bg paper... they are great together... and the flowers and leaves are great too.. love it all together... Cute and pretty card.

Joanne Travis said...

What a fabulous design!! I love the tall cards and the flowers are just as sweet as can be.

Francie G. said...

Lovely button posies, Wanda! Great design and papers!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh wow! These papers together work GREAT! I love that you built upon the decorative paper as your focal point by adding buttons and pretty leaves! Super cute!!!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, this is fantastic! Love your design and patten detailing! Wonderful card!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great card wanda- i like the length of it-such pretty colors in this challenge-I used another color challenge that give me fits

LeAnne said...

This is wonderful! I love how you jazzed up these flowers/paper!!! I love your blog BG too--sweet!

dj said...

This is just too cute....love those leaves!!