Friday, May 28, 2010

Let's Have Tea!


Today's Free 4 All challenge was to make a card inspired by something we collect. I have quite a few china teacups...thanks to an aunt who gave me a couple of them when I was young. I always loved the delicate floral designs and soon, I was seeking them out in antique shops, gift shops, etc. My teacup image was colored with Copics then cut out. DP from the Lilac Avenue Collection was perfect for my colors. A simple card with minimal layers and accented with some pearls, freebie ribbon from an order with Ellen Hutson and a brad tab & sentiment tag. Looks like a rainy Friday...instead of planting more flowers outside, I'll change my plans to working inside. TFL!

STAMPS: Tiny Tags (SU), Pansy Teacup (Stampendous)
PAPER: Lilac Avenue Collection (Kaisercraft)
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: CB, Dotted swiss EF, Copics, Window slot punch, Brad, Satin ribbon, Kaiser pearls

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice staging! Fabulous coloring on your tea cup~~

Betty Wright said...

I saw this at the coast today! Love it! Great colors and coloring! I really love how you created the little tab to make it look like a hanging teacup! Great card, Wanda!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card...to go along with your lovely teacup

Mary Marsh said...

such a pretty inspired card wanda-the teacup is beautiful-love the lattice work on the saucer

Peggy said...

Such a pretty inspired card Wanda! Love teacups!

Edna Morrisedie said...

And a beauty it is, both on the card and IRL... love the detail on the cups, fun to work with something that you love, well done!