Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Razzle Dazzle Iris




Betty has a challenging combo of colors for today's SCS Color Challenge: Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron & neutral of our choice. Dessert option was to use a stencil, but I couldn't work it in, so opted to skip dessert. I used Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch Challenge for the layout. After I had it together, I looked at the sketch again and saw there should have been another panel! I'm hoping the challenge police won't come after me! I colored the image with Copics...the rest of the card is layered Nesties with a saffron panel that was CB'd using the herringbone EF. 35 years ago, my husband and I had just gotten married at 7 p.m. and we would have been on our way to the hotel about now...man I'm feeling old about now! LOL!

STAMPS: Siberian Iris (Flourishes)
PAPER: My Mind's Eye Home DP (Photo Mat Blue), Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: CB, Herringbone EF, Nesties, Copics, Kaiser Gold pearls, Marvy corner scallop rounder, SU scallop border punch

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Great card, Wanda, and I love how you used Mercy's sketch, even without the extra panel :D Great flower and wonderfully coloured! Congrats on 35 years of marriage!! You must have started young! Such a wonderful anniversary to hear about especially in a world that takes marriage so lightly now. Cheers to another 35!

Peggy said...

This is eye popping gorgeous! WOW!
Congrats on your many years of marriage and a toast to many more!
Hugs!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWzer Wanda...you did a beautiful job on the Sketch and CC!!! Happy Anniversary...hope you guys will enjoy many more happy years together!!! Hugs ~S~

Julia Aston said...

Yikes! that is a razzle dazzle flower Wanda! what a beauty!

Joanne Travis said...

WOW!!! The colors here really pop, you used the color combo for today to it's absolute best potential here. Love this.

Karen Barber said...

Gorgeous card - AND I can relate to your feelings on being married a loooonnnng time....I am married 36 years.....yay!! :) Ain't life grand??

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful card wanda-great coloring and nice work on both challenges. congrats on a milestone in your marriage-its wonderful to read about anniversary celebrations like yours-the vow is being honored!!

Cathleen said...

Wow! Is this ever pretty Wanda, I love the image and colors!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, I saw this at SCS yesterday and my jaw dropped! Gorgeous gorgeous coloring and blend of these colors! This iris is just stunning! Lovely card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous iris! Congrats on 35! WOW!

Edna Morrisedie said...

FABulous job with the flower, the colours you achieved are gorgeous, nice job with the sketch too, I love this one!