Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary!



I needed to get a card made to send to my parents this week. They will be celebrating their 60th anniversary on the 14th! According to custom, this is the diamond anniversary...BUT...diamonds are not their style (nor are they in my budget), so I had to go with some rhinestones instead! :-) Mom will especially love this card since she's the one who crocheted the flowers. The layout is Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and sewing around the 5 different panels was a real challenge! This card also meets the requirement of Our Creative Corner - to make an anniversary card. Not sure where the warm spring weather went to...it was back to turning on the heat and getting the winter robe out again. Calling for frost tonight which reiterates what my late MIL always said...never plant flowers until after the 14th of May. Hope all you mothers had a special Mother's Day today! I was able to talk with all 3 of my kids and actually got visits from 2 of them!

STAMPS: Wishing You (Verve)
PAPER: Latte Matstack by DCWV, Certainly Celery, White
INK: Elegant Eggplant
ACCESSORIES: Rhinestone flourish by Zva Creative, Janome mini, Pearl brads, Hand-crocheted flowers, 2-step bird punch (SU) - used for the leaves.

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous flowers ... fabulous card.

Francie G. said...

Another beauty, Wanda! How special that you used your mom's flowers! Love all the bling!

Marisa said...

Holy moly, Wanda, this is gorgeous!!! Just LOVE what you've done with Karen's sketch and those crocheted flowers are darling. I saw the multiple panels and turn and ran away LOL!

HUGE congrats to your parents and their 60th! We married so late in life that we'll almost be celebrating our 100th birthdays if we hit 60 years together LOL! It always warms my heart to hear of these anniversaries.

Thanks for the congrats on Julee's goodies. I couldn't believe it was my name I saw. Had to read it twice LOL! Will be nice to get some happy mail after three insanely busy weeks. Have a great week :D

Cathleen said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Wanda, I love the colors and the flowers are fabulous!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love this Wanda, the colours and flower theme really carries well across the card, way to go rodent lover!!

Julia Aston said...

Nice job on the sketch Wanda! what great colors and I love your crocheted flowers!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty...and very special that you were able to use your Mother's crocheted flowers...

Joanne Travis said...

Wow!! This is a real showstopper. I love the crocheted flowers with the pearl centers. So beautifully done.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful anniversary card wanda-the colors are really rich-love the crocheted flowers-I am trying to talk my friend into making some for me-nice work on both challenges

Julie Leblanc said...

Very lovely...thanks for playing along with us at OCC :-)