Friday, May 14, 2010

Viva la Verve




I have to admit I cringed when I decided to go with the hobby picture with the pink, red & orange colors in Amber's Viva la Verve challenge for week #3. They seem to clash in my mind, but hey...what is life if we don't go out on a limb once in awhile?! LOL! This is a simple card with mostly punching and die cutting. The only stamping is the sentiment - one of Julee's freebie Verve stamps. All the papers (except the white base) is from BasicGrey's Sugar Rush pad. TGIF and I'm off work today! It's 84 degrees and finally looks like spring outside!

3 comments:

Bonnie McLain said...

I LOVE THIS COLOR COMBO... one that I use to use when designing fabric in the 60's... great colors... love what you have created with them too... WONDERFULLY fun card... LOVE IT..

Peggy said...

You ACED this one! Your choices of DP and colors are perfect!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

WOW, great job on the challenge, you really incorporated the feel of the photo with the sketch, go the bright colours too!