Monday, May 24, 2010

Black Magic Mojo



Julee Tilman has another great sketch on the Mojo Monday Sketch Blog that I combined with Holly's TLC to use the black magic technique. I stamped the image using white pigment ink, let it dry, colored it with watercolor pencils, blended slightly with an Aquapainter, then highlighted with a white gel pen. I always think of Karen Barber when I do this technique as she has mastered this to perfection! No sun out this morning...woke up to more rain! My 5-day vacation is over and it's back to work this afternoon. It was wonderful while it lasted. Happy Monday to all!

STAMPS: Serenity (Verve)
PAPER: Kioshi (BasicGrey), Black, White
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Metal coil embellishment, Ribbon, Watercolor pencils, White gel pen, Window slot punch & Scallop border punch - both by SU

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Wanda BEAUTIFUL job on the sketch.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love how you combined the sketch and the TLC. Great job on the Black Magic tech. WOW!

Marisa said...

Love this card, Wanda :D The dots around the image are fabulous are the DPs and use of Julee's sketch. Sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate with your time off, but by the looks of all your posts you filled your time stamping away :D

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card wanda-I love the black magic technique and also think of karen barber-you did a fabo job with the technique and the sketch-I am off to try this one

Andrea Ewen said...

I combined both challenges as well! Gotta love that black magic! Swell purple color and your dp is gorgeous. Fabulous job!

Betty Wright said...

LOVE the black majic with this image and these colors! Beautifully done, Wanda!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love that you chose clean lines to use with this technique, fab with purple too!

Peggy said...

You rocked the black magic technique on this one! Very pretty card!