Thursday, May 13, 2010

Distressed Sketch



Julia challenged us to use a distressing tool on SCS, so I combined this with Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I stamped one of my new Hero Arts vine scroll BG panels in black on distressed red DP. I distressed the panel edges and sponged with black ink. I then layered it on a coordinating DP panel - both from Pink Paislee's 365 degree pad. I had this layered daisy left over from a previous project, so added that for the circle element. I'm really trying to dig into my surplus stash and use things up rather than watch the scrap pile get higher - lol! Still no sun in this part of VA and still rather chilly...where oh where did spring go?!

STAMPS: Two Vine Scrolls (Hero Arts)
PAPER: 365* by Pink Paislee, Lemon Tart (PTI), Neenah Solar White
INK: Versafine Black Onyx
ACCESSORIES: Daisy die (SU), Brad, Distressing tool, Sponge, Satin ribbon, Leaf die (SU)

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Still giggling about your dressed up skeleton :D Great job on the distressing. Love the multi-colours on the daisy and how you used Mercy's sketch. If you want spring, come on up here! Love to have you :D

Joanne Travis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne Travis said...

I am loving this color combination lately, it is so striking and vibrant! Really beautiful card, Wanda!

Francie G. said...

Love this bright and cheerful creation, Wanda! Yep, our spring is kind of in and out, also! This beauty brought some sunshine!

Julia Aston said...

Love your colors and panels on this Wanda - what a great layered flower focal point!

Bonnie McLain said...

Love this ARSTY card Wanda... GREAT.. .I think it is a wild card.. and I love the colors you have used on this.. .and the designs are super.. GREAT CARD...

Cathleen said...

How pretty Wanda, beautiful colors and love the flowers!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the distressing is perfect!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the sketch, I love how you incorporated the black, very striking!