Monday, May 10, 2010

Mojo Monday Time




It's so weird how ideas for cards come about sometimes! I had this random strip of white paper with Enjoy Your Day stamped near the bottom. When I saw Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, I knew that I could use that scrap and create a birthday card. :-) I had another scrap of Bohemia DP floating on my leftover pile, so went with those colors. The image was colored with Copics; the flower stamped again, cut out and popped with dimensionals. Some liquid silver pearl was used to highlight the cake and some bling was added to balance out the empty corner of the design. Hope your week is starting off well...thanks for stopping by my blog!

STAMPS: Big Wish (Verve)
PAPER: Bohemia (Mike's)
INK: Memento Rich Cocoa
ACCESSORIES: Adhesive rhinestones, Liquid Silver Pearl, Brads

9 comments:

Bonnie McLain said...

Oh Wanda... looks like a GREAT COLLECTION of new cards you have here.. I love the ROSE one... so very pretty... I would love to comment on each one... but 4 minutes per download... eats up too much time... and I am a little limited today... need to make the most of the day... YEAH... these are all very very pretty.. love them all and the colors on each card are so very pretty.. I am really in love with the way people combine colors... yours are GREAT... Thanks so much for all the sharing you do..

Kerri said...

OH, I just love the blingy flourish, and the popped up flower! Beautiful birthday card, Wanda, and fab job with the sketch!

Joanne Travis said...

What a beautiful creation!! So elegant and pretty, I love the swirl of gemstones and the Verve images. Awesome job on the challenge!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Love the dp! The swirl of bling is so elegant!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty! Don't you love it when you can use up some of your scrap pile?

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

So you had ENJOY just waiting to be used! How fortuitous! I love the card you made with all the bling!!!

Mary Marsh said...

I love what you did with the mojo sketch wanda-your dp is great-I think I have that pattern as well-isn't it great when a card comes together like that!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love it when you get to use a scrap, have been doing that a lot lately myself... go you on the sketch looks fabbo! Love the bling extending from the cake!!!

Anonymous said...

I love every part of it! The colors, images, sparkly flourishes! You totally rocked the mojo challenge last week!
P.S. Come check out our new challenge blog!
First challenge starts May 23(next Sunday.) Hope to see you there!
xo Kelli