Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Celebrate Life




Loved that Roxie posted the Sketch Challenge early, so I could make my card after I got home from work. This was a nice and easy layout with the layering of the 3 different panels. I chose to do the top layer in vellum, so the printed middle panel wouldn't be covered up so much. I cut out the bunny (black ink on Cameo Coral CS) then added Liquid Applique to his tail to give it some dimension. I punched a slot in the coral ovals to weave the ribbon through it...hard to see after I added the tiny rosebuds. I'm calling it a day...my bed is calling my name!

STAMPS: Believe by Verve (sentiment), Kids Prints by SU (bunny)
PAPER: Nana's Nursery DP by DCWV, Vellum, White, Cameo Coral
ACCESSORIES: Oval, Slot & Scallop border punches by SU, Brads, Rosebuds, Satin ribbon (more freebie ribbon from Ellen Hutson), Liquid Applique, Heat gun

5 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How cute is this!!! I love the ovals with the flowers, that sweet bunny, and the button bradds! Great job, GF!!

Julia Aston said...

Great job with the sketch Wanda! love the colors and cut little bunny!

Bonnie McLain said...

Adorable card Wanda... Love it... even though you were tired... you still had enough steam to create such a lovely pretty card... love the colors of this one... very NICE...

Peggy said...

Love your take on the sketch! Very pretty card and the color combo is one of my favorites!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love how you used the vellum, and panel 2 is very cool, like how this came together... MS Unique today, woohoo!