Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring Gifts



This is card is for 3 different challenges:
Technique Lover's Challenge - create paper buttons
CAS119 on SCS - be inspired by the word "GIFT"
Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - a CAS sketch by my Paper Doll friend, Edna Morrisedie. Edited for mistake...didn't use any rodent stamps, so this one is disqualified!
So...I'm hoping Edna won't gong me for adding a long oval to the sketch. I popped it on foam dots, so I'll just call it an embellishment - lol! I've always loved this old set from SU with the spring flowers and then the sentiment was a perfect fit for the "gift" theme. The faux button was my second attempt (had WAY too much Crystal Effects piled on the first one...got impatient and messed it up because it wasn't completely dry). I do like the fact that you can custom make a paper button to match any color...BUT...patience is a big must! I punched 5 hearts and glued them together, sanded the edges, applied CE to give it shine, punched holes and threaded it with some baker's twine. The lace border was stamped using Versafine Black Onyx ink...my fave ink...unless I'm coloring with Copics. Then I use Memento Tuxedo Black.
STAMPS: Stella & Rose Hattie "Remember" Stamps by My Mind's Eye (lace border); The Gifts of Spring (SU).
PAPER: Stella & Rose Hazel "Mother" Meadow DP by MME, Neenah Solar White
ACCESSORIES: Corner Chomper, Mega Ovals Large Nesties, Triple hearts punch by SU, Baker's twine, Copics.
Flood watch is on for the large amount of rain that has hit our area today...and it's still coming down! Hope everyone stays safe!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love your heart button - even if it did take a bit of patience ;) Great take on the sketch too.

Vicki Dutcher said...

That lace border is beyond stunning! WOW I love that stamp!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just popped popped over to My Mine's Eye -- awesome sets of stamps -- all sold out! Darn