Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Nurse's Day!



To all my fellow nurses in blogland...Happy Nurse's Day! Yes, we still call the shots and to me, it's still a great profession and I don't regret for one minute that I became a nurse! When I saw Maureen's sketch for the Viva la Verve challenge, I knew I wanted to use this digi image from Prairie Fairy Designs. Isn't she a hoot?! I colored her with Copics and layered 3 wonky rectangles (love the name of those Nesties!), added seam binding and a computer-generated sentiment. I added Crystal Effects to her glasses. I also discovered a new (to me) challenge called Fairy Fun Fridays, so I'm entering this card into their #52 "Here Come the Girls" challenge. That's all from me...gotta get back to some cleaning.
PAPER: Modern Homemaker by October Afternoon, Hawaiian Shores by PTI, White

10 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Yep, she's a hoot!! Do I look like that?? Hmmm..definitely a nurse and definitely gave a few shots in my day although, totally not what I do now!! Didn't even know it was nurses' day... Happy to You!!

Marisa said...

What a cute image LOL! A commode, a needle and a big smile on her face...hmmmm....LOL! Wonderfully coloured and a great take on the sketch. Happy Nurses day to you! The world would be a horrible place without all of you in it (((hugs)))!

Heidi said...

I am also a nurse, we do have a lot going on don't we! This card is adorable!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love it!!! Great image & great coloring :) Happy Nurses day!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is adorable! Happy Nurses day to you!

Teresa Kline said...

you can call the shots, just in the direction of another victim...lol....your card is amazing...great coloring Wanda! Happy Nurses Day, so glad to be able to call you "friend" too...enjoy your time off and take plenty of creating breaks while your cleaning...hehehehe

enjoy *~*

dstandard said...

Awesome card! Didn't know you were a nurse too! I'm a critical care nurse working now as head of Trauma Case Management training all the new docs coming in.

Mary Marsh said...

this image is so cute wanda-happy nurse day to you my paper doll friend

BrossArtAddiction said...

Super adorable!! Love your color combo and Gilly is too cute! :D

Thanks for playing with us over at "Fairy Fun Fridays" challenge and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Lori said...

Yay! Nurse Gillian and looking as cute as ever, gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the Fairies at the Prairie Fairy Friday challenge, we're happy to have you!