Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pinwheel for the CC


I'm finally getting to play for the Color Challenge on SCS where Betty has given us some delightful colors this week: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Black, Ivory or White with a dessert option to add sparkle and shine. As you can see, I declined dessert! Wish that were true IRL - lol! I embossed the kraft panel with a new butterfly EF by Sizzix...hard to see it in the photo. The leaves are die cut using Spellbinders' Foliage Shapeabilities. The pinwheel flower was die cut using Laura Pryor's new die at Lil' Inker Designs. The coordinating sentiment is also from her company. We've been without power most of the morning, so it was interesting making this card in semi-darkness as there are no windows in my craft room...only the sunlight that came through the doorway. Have a great day!
PAPER: Jolly Holiday by SU, Simply Chartreuse (PTI), Crumb Cake, True Black

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Oooh...I"m loving that EF - would you quit enabling me LOL! Love the pinwheel and how you used the colours. Great card.

Vickie Z said...

You know...I ADORE these colors and with the pop of green!! Gorgeous. Love the pinwheel and embossing!! Sorry about the electricity.... storms came through?? I've been so busy, haven't watched the news but, I thought the weather had calmed a little!!

dstandard said...

Beautiful!!! Ok I'm craving that embossing folder - going to have to hunt that one down!

Mary Marsh said...

your card caught my eye in the scs gallery wanda-love it and your fabby pinwheel-the dsp you used is some of my fave