Sunday, May 8, 2011

Birthday Poppies




It's a beautiful, sunny Mother's Day and I'm so glad I'm off work and can enjoy the time at home. Following church, we opted to avoid the crowded restaurants and just have a cookout at home. We ate in our new sunroom and enjoyed the breeze through the screens without fighting any bugs! This card is a CASE of Jo (aka reddydyisco) who is the FS this week on SCS. She has a number of poppy creations, but I went with her colors in this card. I used the masking technique for the images and colored with Copics. The layout is for the Totally Gorjuss sketch challenge and it also works for the Play Date Cafe Challenge to be inspired by this picture using red, yellow gold & white. I'm also entering this card in the Crazy 4 Challenges to use lots of flowers.
STAMPS: Poppy Patch (Flourishes), Sentiment Flags (Lil' Inker Designs).
PAPER: Modern Homemaker (OA), Summer Days (Echo Park), Real Red, White.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Nesties, Adhesive pearls, Button, Baker's twine, Copics.

7 comments:

dstandard said...

Beautiful card - love your coloring!

Debbie Carriere said...

Wanda, this is totally gorgeous!! Love the bright colors against the white & your coloring is superb :) Happy Mother's Day!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Wanda! What a gorgeous image and colored so brilliantly! Awesome job with the colors and the sketch!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Gorgeous card and a perfect match to the inspiration pic.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wanda, I had poppies on my mind yesterday! I want some for my garden. I'll take some that look just like this, thanks! So glad you shared it with us at The PLay Date CAfe.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous flowers - love that bit of bling. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wanda I am getting caught up on commenting~ omgosh I have missed some BEAUTIFUL cards! You do bright colors with such a flair and WOW I love it!