Wednesday, May 4, 2011

CTD & MFTWSC




I always look forward to the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge and combined it with the Color Throwdown challenge to use Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Kraft, & Baja Breeze. Here's where I'm hoping the challenge police won't come after me. The blue is more of a greenish blue, but in my defense...I did sponge the edges of the leaves with Baja Breeze ink...that should count, right? A MS doily tag was layered on a Jillibean Soup corrugated frame. Roses were made using a petal roller tool on 3 different die cut pieces - love those dies from MFT! Here's what else I used...
STAMPS: Sentiment by Verve (retrieved this tag from my scrap pile and don't recall the set it came from).
PAPER: Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, DP by My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose "Mabel" line).
INK: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Corrugated frame (Jillibean Soup), Doily tag (MS), Rolled rose and mini rolled roses dies (MFT), Foliage Shapeabilities by Spellbinders, Butterfly punch (MS), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Blushing Bride ribbon (SU), Arch Lattice border punch (MS), Border die by Tim Holtz, Corduroy brads.

4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful card wanda-love those gorgeous blushing bride roses-I have seen you make so many that I bought the mft rose die-now I am curious what is a petal roller tool?

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda. My kind of card with butterflies and flowers :) Just ordered the rose dies and can't wait to get them. Unfortunately the large rose one was out of stock :( Will have to add to my wish list and put in another order. Great use of the sketch and CTD.

dpkennedy said...

I think I hear sirens...just kidding! This is gorgeous and the color of the leaves is perfect! I love that doily tag and your perfect roses! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

This is truly gorgeous, Wanda! You used all these beautiful elements just perfectly!!