Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Roses Are Blue


This was actually a card I made yesterday for the Color Challenge on SCS and couldn't post due to Blogger being wonky. Karen had some really fabulous colors for us: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum & Soft Suede. Now you'd think I'd come up with something other than flowers on a card, but no...I just made plum and suede leaves! Who says they have to be green - lol?! I kept it CAS, which is hard for me to do, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out! Here's what I used:
STAMPS: Framed Wishes (Verve)
PAPER: DP by SU, Soft Suede, Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze
INK: Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Diamond EF by Sizzix, Foliage dies by Spellbinders, Rolled roses Die-namics by MFT.

12 comments:

Debby said...

Love the colour combo and the roses are amazingly made!

Marisa said...

Love it, Wanda! Loving all the white space and your flowers are great. I'm drooling over that Sizzex EF (been out bit twice on eBay for it - ugh!). Flowers are gorgeous and I can now say that thanks to you I have those Foliage dies LOL!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is just so elegant!! You roses are just amazing!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the EF on the top. Perfect use of the dp and excellent flowers/leaves combo!!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful flowers Wanda! love the lattice embossed bg! Great design with the colors!

Keva said...

Wanda, this is beautiful! Love the design and the colors look perfect together.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, wow! This is absolutely gorgeous, Wanda! Love those flowers and the fabulous use of that CB folder.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a gorgeous cas card wanda-love the roses-this was a great color combo this week-I wasnt able to play-we had a family emergency and I have been out for a week

Sara Mac said...

Wanda this is drop dead gorgeous!! I really LOVE everything about it. Simply stunning!

Betty Wright said...

So gorgeous, Wanda! Beautiful colors and you totally rock the paper roses! Gorgeous card!

Francie G. said...

Wanda, this is gorgeous!

dstandard said...

This is so gorgeous - such an elegant card!