Monday, May 9, 2011

Mojo Monday



Can't believe another week has rolled by and it's time for a Mojo Monday Challenge - this time the sketch is by Debbie Carriere, a sweet online blog friend, who is super talented with papercrafting! I decided to plan ahead and create a Father's Day card for my dad. His fave color is blue, so I thought the papers in the Stella & Rose "Hattie" pad would be perfect. I stamped the DAD image on a Versamark pad then stamped it on Chocolate Chip ink and embossed with clear EP to give it a sheen & more clear cut color. Freud has a name for people like me because I'm not happy with the slightly crooked line of stamping on the blue panel - Grrr! But, I think I will just live with it as it is - lol!
STAMPS: Protector by Verve
PAPER: Stella & Rose "Hattie" papers by MME, White
ACCESSORIES: Labels Sixteen & Labels Twenty-one Nesties, Twine, Mini rolled roses Die-namics by MFT, Buttons, Large star punch by SU, Star Die-namic border by MFT, Petal roller tool by Imaginisce - a must to get a tightly rolled rose.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

These papers are perfect Wanda. Love how you used the sketch. No worries about Freud's name for you - I have it too LOL ;) Great card.

Debbie Carriere said...

Wanda, what an awesome masculine card - perfect papers & stamps!! Love the stars paired with the rolled roses! I think you are pretty sweet, too :) Have a great night!

dj said...

Awesome....I guess it is time to start working on Father's Day cards!! I love the papers and mixture of embellishments!!

Sarah said...

Love Love Love this card! the color combo is amazing, I love the stamping you did at the bottom and those roses are beautiful! It's now on my pinboard in pinterest ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

Debbie said...

This is so beautiful!!! (if that is proper for a male card!) Love everything about it!!

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com