Thursday, May 5, 2011

For Your inspiration



It's time for another picture inspiration on the For Your Inspiration blog and this time, Steph has chosen a gorgeous castle with a dramatic sky. The grayish clouds reminded me of large scallops in the sky, so that's what inspired me to layer the 3 rows of scallops using a Die-namic border die. I could only imagine some classical music wafting from the windows of this majestic building, so that's how I came to use a music BG. The weathered stone of the building led me to distress my card with sponging as well as roughing up the edges. Not sure what inspired me to use the dark pink, except I needed a pop of color besides the touch of green - lol! I'm anxious to see how you would interpret this picture, so join in on the fun and post your creation HERE.
What did I use?
STAMPS: Music BG by Me & Carrie Lou, Hope Blooms by Verve - flowers, Bloom & Grow by Verve - leaves.
PAPER: Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse, True Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, scraps of DP for scalloped borders - ? source.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black.
ACCESSORIES: Leaves die from Verve, Satin Ribbon (PTI), Button, Baker's twine, Lace trim, Large scallop Die-Namic (MFT), Wonky Rectangle Nesties, Rhinestone, Distressing tool, Sponge.

I have to give credit to my good friend, Teresa Kline, for also inspiring this card. I CASED one of her beautiful shabby chic creations that I fell in love with...unfortunately, I don't have a link to her card, but I will link you to her blog if you want to see an endless parade of beautiful cards!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous card! Way to flash some Verve flowers!!

Hannelie said...

Another beauty! Love it!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! You interpret the pics...WOW!! Those Verve flowers are wonderful!! Love the colors, of course!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Wanda, you have been soo busy!! This card is gorgeous!! Those flowers & that gorgeous bow really make the pink pop. Love the colors & your explanation of how you were inspired :)

Teresa Kline said...

aaahhhhh Wanda, this is sweet of you...this card is totally gorgeous...I luv it!

Debra Miller said...

There is SO much amazing inspiration on your blog! Love the flower you created - wonderful.