Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Sunday Stamps




I got some happy mail yesterday from Reverse Confetti's March release! Even though my mom and MIL have both passed away, I still make Mother's Day cards for friends and family and it brings back great memories about the two moms that are no longer with us! They were both fans of my handmade cards, so it seems like I am still creating for them.  I'm using this great sketch for the Sunday Stamps challenge which is celebrating their 200th challenge!  Congrats to the Sunday Stamps crew...may you have many more challenges in the future!



I already had this panel of Yupo paper with a striped effect from
brushing turquoise alcohol ink and silver mixative together on a circular felt applicator (Tim Holtz). The silver is subtle but I picked up on that element with my tiny brushed silver cardstock border and the large silver button from Stampin' Up. I die cut five "mom" sentiments and glued them to the Yupo panel.  I stamped the Hatbox Florals image with Peacock Feathers distress ink using a MISTI to get optimal positioning.  

STAMPS: Hatbox Florals (Reverse Confetti).
PAPER: White, Black (Papertrey Ink); Brushed Silver (SU).
DIES: Mom and Dad Word Duos (Reverse Confetti).

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

5 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

How pretty! I love your die sentiments and your stamping is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

So cool, Wanda - love that alcohol ink brushed panel - such a rich color! Pretty florals, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

Perfect card for a Mom
and I love your big button here
adorable flowers Image too Wanda
Love your card
Many thanks for using my sketch on our 200th Birthday Callenge at Sunday Stamps.
If you visiting my Blog Post I have giveaway and send to all around the world
for Ladies in the USA my other DT teamie has also giveaway :)
dont miss it
Hugs
Monika

Melissa Grant said...

I love the repetitive stamping, great idea for the panel! Lovely Mother's Day card. Nice touch with the button. Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card, and I love that you feel like you are still creating for your mom and MIL. I think that makes your creation even more special for whoever receives it!

Thank you for the kind words about Sunday Stamps and thanks for joining in our 200th challenge celebration!