Thursday, March 14, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches





I'm taking a break this afternoon for a quick card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge where Judy has a super fun layout for us!  I wanted to highlight this verse - a Plain Jane sentiment from Verve - to send to my dad who is in an assisted living facility and is battling depression. It's hard when I'm living in another state and can only call or send mail periodically.  



I started by sponging Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough distress inks with the English Brick Wall stencil by My Favorite Things. I had a leftover piece of alcohol inked Yupo paper that was created with turquoise alcohol ink and silver mixative.  I cut the border using a stitched die by Lil Inker Designs.  

STAMPS: Verve Plain Jane Psalm 46:10; Petals 'n Posies by Reverse Confetti.
PAPER: White (PTI), Brushed Silver (SU), Yupo (Ranger).
INK: Bumblebee Yellow, Parakeet, Iced Aqua, Aqua (Reverse Confetti); Versafine Onyx Black; Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough distress inks.
DIES: Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics by MFT; Petals 'n Posies by Reverse Confetti; Stitched Border by Lil Inker Designs.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Wanda. Thoughts are with you as you strive to stay in touch with your loved one. But knowing they are in the Lord's hands and care is the sustaining peace you can depend on. Seletta

Amy O said...

Such a beautiful card! I'm sure your father will appreciate it and the love that went into it. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

This is a beautiful card!! I love the sentiment and it is so special for your dad. Thoughts with you on this struggle. Glad you shared with us at FMS!