Friday, March 15, 2019

Irish Blessing

 
One of my favorite sentiments to highlight during the St. Patrick's Day season is this Irish blessing from the Blessings stamp set by Verve. I did not realize that the Tag, You're It! challenge that I used to play along with has returned after taking over a year off.  Yay! (Edited to add: I just discovered the Linky has already closed for this challenge!) I tweaked the current Mojo Monday Sketch challenge a bit and changed the circle to a tag element so I could enter this into both challenges.  I played with some alcohol inks and gold mixative to create the background.  The terracotta and turquoise papers were in my massive leftover pile, so I'm not sure of the exact colors or the company they came from.  



The horizontal border is heavy weight vellum that was torn along
the two long edges.  It was adhered using four tiny brads and a bit of adhesive behind the tag. The fibers have been in my stash a VERY long time but worked out perfectly with these colors!

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a stunning background, Wanda. And I spy a little Verve! Yay! Beautiful card, so glad you could play along!