Sunday, April 28, 2019

Paper Players


Good Sunday everyone! Hope you will find some time to play along with The Paper Players Challenge where it's sketch week and Claire has a wonderful layout for us! I knew I wanted to use the new leafy wreath image in Altenew's Weekend Doodles stamp set with matching dies. I added a floral image and used one of the sweet sentiments as well. I colored with Copics. I really wish I had layered the vertical banner with a darker green since it appears to "get lost" in the background. I was afraid to dismantle it and risk tearing the paper, so chose to leave it alone - lol!



Patterned papers were in the April card kit from Simon Says Stamp and are from the Let Your Soul Bloom collection by ModaScrap. Love all the spring colors and delicate floral prints! The shimmery green envelope was also part of the card kit.

For more inspiration from the rest of the talented design team, please check out their creations HERE Hope to see you in the gallery! Have a blessed day!                                   ~Wanda 


10 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, this is gorgeous! I love the color combo and that background is a WOW! Isn't it frustrating when you finish a card and wish you had done something a little different? I think it is perfect just the way you created it! You certainly made my sketch shine! Have a fantastic week! XX

laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I love the beautiful blooms!

Leslie Miller said...

Your green strip is soft, subtle and pretty. It all depends on what's in your mind's eye. I think it looks lovely. Beautiful papers and pretty stamp. A great card for the sketch!

Claire Grantham said...

This is SO gorgeous, I love that background and the beautiful leaf wreath as your circle element, gorgeous! Cx

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda, even with the lighter shade banner, I still love every single inch of it! Those papers are beautiful and my fingers are itching to go put that Altenew set in my shopping card...such a great set to color in!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I feel your frustrations Wanda however I like the way the banner blends into that fabulous patterned background - it really allows your floral wreath to stand out. So pretty!

Su Mohr said...

Wanda, I love your card, and think it's perfect. So glad you didn't dismantle; we are our own worst critics.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wanda, this is such a beautiful card! I love the soft colors and I agree with everyone above, I like that you kept the soft green layer. The stamped image really pops! Just beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Wanda! Your card is gorgeous! It's absolutely perfect for the sketch. The envelope is to die for! I love everything about this card!

Jaydee said...

Wanda, I love the spring colors. I think the green vertical layer is perfect! It grounds the wreath but doesn't detract from it! Fabulous take on the sketch. Hope you have a wonderful weekend
Jaydee