Thursday, April 25, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch


It's Thursday which means one of my fave challenges has a new sketch for us - CAS(E) This Sketch! I tweaked the diagonal line a bit and gave it an angle rather than a squiggle - haha!  I try to make an effort to use up extra die cuts, water color or gelli print panels, etc. when I go to start a new project.  It doesn't always happen but today I chose this really old gelli print paper which has some bluish green/gray acrylic colors on it.


The sentiment is from Flourishes' "Tulips For Friends" stamp set (company is no longer in business) and the butterfly is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs called Exotic Butterfly Med.#1. I only adhered the body and antennae since I wanted the wings to look dimensional. The stitched edge is the "Stitched Basic Elements" Die-Namics by My Favorite Things. A trio of white matte enamel dots completed this quick project.

That's it for now! Our water has been cut off for several hours so that plumbers can fix a leak under our house. I have a real admiration for anyone who has to crawl the entire length of the house in a minimal crawl space to get to the problem area!! I'm thinking black snakes...spiders...well, you get the idea!

No comments: