Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Watercolor Hello



Practicing some more with watercolor stamping...as taught by Dawn Woleslagle in one of the videos from the online watercolor class.  She makes it look so easy, but I have a LONG way to go yet with this coloring medium!  I did the rock and roll technique with the flowers and leaves then blended with some water and a detail brush.  I'm also playing along with the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge - using scored lines for the diagonal element - and with
Stacy's Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Sweet Pea theme.  I have a gazillion flower stamps but couldn't find any sweet peas.  Instead, I was inspired by the colors and the idea of cut flowers in a vase.  The jar is from a Flourishes set called Garden Picks and the remaining flowers and leaves are from WPlus9.

Here's what I used:
STAMPS: Garden Picks (Flourishes), Spring Blooms (WPlus9), Fresh Cut Florals (WPlus9).
INK: Tim Holtz distess inks: Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed.
ACCESSORIES: Hand Lettered Hello die by WPlus9.

8 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

WANDA!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! You ROCKED that watercoloring!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Wanda. Love the pretty water-colored image. So delicate and feminine.

Vickie Z said...

I agree with Tammy...you did a fabulous job. The watercoloring!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is amazing Wanda, gorgeous water coloring!

sparkle & shine *~*

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!!! Your watercolor stamping looks absolutely gorgeous, Wanda...love the stamps you used, too, and what a great sketch!!!

Marisa said...

Looky at you watercolouring and all :) Beautifully done and love the touch of scoring for some texture. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous watercoloring! It's really beautiful and I love the bit of texture you added with the scoring!

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Wanda! I have watched Dawn's videos too, and I hope that one day I'll learn this technique. It looks like you've learned it perfectly! :-)