Monday, June 16, 2014

Mojo Monday



It's Mojo Monday challenge day and Julee has a fun sketch for us yet again!   I was given a sampler package of papers from a friend and really loved the watercolor look of this design!  Unfortunately, I don't know who makes this paper...would love to know and am hoping someone can tell me!  I didn't want to cover up much of the paper, so used the open frame from Verve's Rounded Scallop Frame die set.  I sadly had to cut into my last sheet of this Blue Bayou (I think) cardstock that's retired from SU.  Had planned on adding some flowers, but these new leaves (Sprightly Sprigs dies by Verve) were pretty awesome just by themselves.  After all, there are plenty of flowers in the background.  :-)

For more inspiration, you'll want to visit the other mojomakers' blogs below...OR...you can go to the Mojo Monday blog and check out the first 7 thumbnails.

Wanda Cullen (you are here)


STAMPS: Be Blessed (Verve)
PAPER: Blue Bayou, White, Certainly Celery, ?DP
INK: Blue Bayou, Pear Pizzazz
ACCESSORIES: Sprightly Sprigs die (Verve), Rounded Scallop Frame die (Verve), Doily Die-Namics by MFT, Pear Pizzazz seam binding by SU, Silver button by Jolee's, Enamel dots by MME.

7 comments:

Marisa said...

That BG paper is gorgeous. Love how you combined the sprigs with the ribbon and just used the rectangle frames. Great take on the sketch :)

bristowmom said...

Wow! Your card is completely beautiful, and sounds like it was simple! Love everything about it!

Emily said...

I love this card and the use of the design paper. Gives me an idea for the use of a flower stamp that I have. Colors are beautiful as well.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Wanda---an amazing card. Really gorgeous the way it plays off the Designer paper. Unfortunately that designer paper is from Stampin' Up! and is retired. My sympathies because I fell in love with it as well. It was called Watercolor Wonder Designer Series paper.

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous card, love all the green!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so stunning, Wanda!

Pam Watson said...

The bow is so pretty!