Monday, June 23, 2014

Mojo Monday



Happy Monday to all! There's another Mojo Monday Challenge on board and this was such a fun
sketch (aren't they all?!) by Julee! Recently I used some of this designer paper pack on a card and didn't know the source.  A kind blog reader informed me it's retired DP by SU called Watercolor Wonder - thanks to Heidi Weaver for letting me know!  I'm sad that it's no longer available since the watercolor craze has hit me big time, but it's inspired me to think of recreating some of the same patterns on my own. The doily circle is a tag by Martha Stewart and since there were circles in the paper, I thought these poppies would tie in nicely!

For more inspiration, you'll want to visit the other mojomakers' blogs below...OR...you can go to the Mojo Monday blog and check out the first 7 thumbnails.

Wanda Cullen (you are here)

Here's what I used...
STAMPS: Poppy Birthday (Verve), Better Together (Verve) - chevron border, Remember This (Verve) - sentiment and flag stamps.
PAPER: Watercolor Wonder (SU), White (PTI).
INK: Lucky Limeade, Old Olive, Crisp Cantaloupe, Black Licorice hybrid ink by MFT.
ACCESSORIES: Lace trim, MS tag, Black Enamel Accents, Build a Poppy dies (Verve).

5 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

I love this, Wanda! I bet you could recreate the watercolor paper by turning your flower stamps over and using the back side with some distress ink. Or just painting it freehand.

Hmmm...my creative juices are flowing. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Love these fun colors.

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous from colors to all the elements, it's all awesome :)

Donna Oates said...

Love how you echoed the circles from the dp! Great job and love the colors!

Patti said...

Simply fantastic!! I love this paper!