Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches



Jen B has a great new layout for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge! I finally broke into a pack of Bazzill 6x6 papers with all black and white patterns.  Love to add a pop of color to black and white - always a clean and classy card look IMO.  I die cut the sunflower and leaves from Canson 90 lb. watercolor paper then stamped with Tim Holtz distress inks.  For the flower, I stamped on Mustard Seed first then patted some Spiced Marmelade around the edges.  I spritzed one time with a light mist of water and stamped it.  For the center, I stamped Rusty Hinge then Brushed Corduroy.  Peeled Paint ink was used on the leaves.  By misting the image, it gives it a water colored appearance.  I finished it off with this fun font sentiment by Simon Says Stamp.

STAMPS: Splendid Sunflower (My Favorite Things), Stripe Greetings (SSS).
PAPER: Licorice 6x6 pad (Bazzill Basics Paper), White (PTI), Canson watercolor paper.
INK: Black Licorice hybrid ink by MFT, TH distress inks (listed above).
ACCESSORIES: Corner chomper, Border Die-Namics by MFT, Splendid Sunflower Die-Namics by MFT.

3 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

That sunflower is gorgeous! I love it against the patterned paper. So glad to see you at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joan Ervin said...

Your flower has such beautiful colors and texture, Wanda...it sooo pretty against the black and white background!!!!

Maura said...

Love this card! I agree about the black and white and a pop of color - always striking!
beesmom from split coast