Sunday, June 1, 2014

ODBD New Release Day!

The time is here for Our Daily Bread Designs' June release!  This is an awesome release, so hold on to your hats and come along for the ride as you check out all the design team's creations (links at bottom of my post)!  I'm excited to share a couple of projects using the wonderful new Cherry Blossom stamp set and the Asters and Leaves die set!  There is also a new paper pack that is my favorite one yet - the Blushing Rose Collection!


The cherry blossom branch was stamped twice, colored with Copics, then fussy cut and popped with foam dots.  I also added Wink of Stella's clear shimmer brush pen to the petals and a tiny touch of yellow Stickles to the stamens.  Two of the blossoms were layered to add some depth to the image.  I used pink chalk to highlight the oval die cut while it was still in the die, but it's not showing up very well in the photo.



It's been a long time since I created a flower pot card that has a pull-out section for the sentiment. 
The Asters and Leaves die set worked perfectly for this! For the centers, I stippled some dots using a Tombow marker (#946).  Here's a photo of the pull-out piece.....

I used a Beautiful Borders die (from an earlier release) by ODBD to add a decorative tone on tone border to the flower pot.  The ribbon holds the folded pocket card together.  This was such a fun project to create!

Here are the links to the breadsticks' blogs...check them out!

Grace * Sandee * Stacy * Dawn * Lori * Cathy * Julie * Sabrina * Angie * LisaSilke * Audrey * Wanda

For details of the entire release, head on over to the ODBD website!

19 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow!!! Both are super gorgeous! I love the clever layout and beautifully colored cherry blossoms of the 1st and the cheerful colors of your flower pot card are awesome!!! Fabulous job on both!! HUGS!!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Wanda - oh my goodness I love your designs. Your Cherry Blossom flowers are so pretty on the first and I love how you showcased the papers, but your second has me smiling ear to ear with joy :)!!!!! I love your flower pot card - yes, the Asters are so perfect for your design!! Love the bright colors and your fun centers.
Hugs and Blessings!
Audrey

Marisa said...

Great card for the first one and adore the flower pot card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Wanda!! What beautiful creations!! I just love your flower pot card with all the colorful asters!! What a perfect design for these new flower dies!! Your creative layout, the coloring and your designer paper is gorgeous on the first!! Gorgeous work my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Roseanna C said...

Both cards are so pretty. Love the flower pot and the asters are so vibrant. Also, the first card is pretty and elegant. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pattie J. said...

Both cards are beautiful. I especially love the flower pot. A good way to send wishes, that would never have to wilt. ....thanks for sharing.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great work with these blossoms Wanda. Your potted flowers are totally fun and so cheerful. Delightful cards.

DebR said...

Love these! Both of so pretty...and that flower pot with the flowers is adorable.

Liz Williams said...

Great cards, and I really love that pot of asters.

Lynne said...

Wanda - Both of your cards are awesome. Really love the asters in the flower pot card.

Patty said...

I love both your creations..but have to say that flower pot card is my favorite!! I am so going to buy that Aster die...it just makes BEAUTIFUL flowers not matter what paper used!!!

Sue D said...

Very pretty cherry blossom card and love the bright colors on the flower pot card.

Saints Rule! said...

Love those sweet cheery blossom images and the dies... DELIGHTFUL!!! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

Shelia said...

Both of these are so lovely, but my favorite is the flower pot card with all those gorgeous asters!! Love the colors and the verse you chose. Now I really do want that die!!!

Dawn said...

great samples, Wanda! I LOVE the Aster flower pot card!!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Hey Wanda! I absolutely adore the flower pot card! How fun!!! Your first card showcases the papers so beautifully! Love the little banners along the side with the faux sewing!

Becky said...

Well, first I love the cherry blossoms and your design is gorgeous; now for that flower pot card....WOWSER is all I can say. It has called my name!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Wanda! So happy and bright! Especially love the flower pot card...perfect for all your sweet little asters.

Kelley said...

Wanda, your Flower Pot card is just the best!!!! Holy smokes, that one is AWESOME!! The Cherry Blossom card is so pretty too, love the details!!