Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Great Cover Up


I'm on the Papertrey Ink blog today for the newest Great Cover-Up challenge! We are highlighting black and white with a pop of color so you know I didn't blink before choosing the newest Into the Bloom set of tulip dies.

Here is the process for creating my card...

I have a really large scrap/leftover pile and I try to whittle it down each time I create. I chose three different black and white patterned papers and added a trio of blocks to cover the background.

The tulip dies can be somewhat overwhelming until you organize them into rows with the pieces lined up in the order of assembly. Call me OCD but this step is really helpful!

I like to cut out all my floral pieces from white card stock (Bristol Smooth Surface is my choice when I’m going to color blend). I use blending brushes combined with sponge daubers to add a touch of color to a small area. I added a hint of Pale Peony and Summer Sunrise inks to give more depth to some of the petals. I used New Leaf and Ripe Avocado for the leaves and highlighted with some Lemon Tart ink. If you examine leaves in real life, you will often find a yellowish hint with the greens.

 

Now it’s time for arranging the florals!

 

Next comes the finishing touches: a white embossed sentiment tag with brad and twine and rain drop embellishments. Popping up some of the tulip petals and the sentiment tag also adds depth and dimension.

Here are some views of the completed card... 


We would love to have you play along in the challenge. Just link up your entry on the Papertrey Ink blog! Happy stamping!   ~Wanda

 

 

 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Love your card, Wanda!
I have these tulips on my wish list.
Can't wait till I can get them.
Thanks for all your inspiration.

Bellprinterss said...

Enjoyed reading the article above,Very interesting,good job and thanks for sharing!!

Innovative packaging
Innovative packing boxes
Luxury Packaging