Friday, April 1, 2022

Birthday Candles

Good Friday crafty friends! Another cold and terribly windy day here in VA which led me to my craft room instead of running errands! Who needs groceries anyway?! 😂

I fell in love with these layered candle stencils from Pretty Pink Posh after being enabled by a Jennifer McGuire video you can see HERE. I also ordered the fun cake die from PPP which coordinates so well with the background! Birthday cards are probably the category I create for the most and I am always looking for unique and relatively easy to use products.

I color blended the candles in a diagonal rainbow pattern of colors using all distress inks. I added a touch of orange with a Copic marker to the base of the flames then covered the entire flame with Crystal Stickles for some sparkle and shine. I love the Mashup Birthday sentiment set from Papertrey Ink so mixed that into the design - popping it with foam tape for added dimension. This completes another birthday card for the long list of friends and family I know that were born in April! 

STAMPS: Mashup Birthday (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean distress inks by Ranger; True Black by PTI.
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface; Metallic Silver; White by PTI.
DIES: Mashup Birthday (PTI); Stitched Circle & Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things); Party Cake (Pretty Pink Posh).
OTHER: Layered Candles stencil set (Pretty Pink Posh); Crystal Stickles; Copic markers (Y02, Y17, YR68, RV04). 
 
That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. ~Wanda

No comments: