Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Tic-Tac-Toe

It was another bitterly cold day yesterday and after I got the grands off to school for a 2 hour delay, I came home and grabbed a cup of hot coffee and hunkered down in my craft room. I wanted to play along with the tic-tac-toe challenge at The Paper Players and used the top horizontal choices of rainbow, sparkle and die cut. 

It's been awhile since I used this Flying By stamp set from Papertrey Ink and thought it would be fun to watercolor with distress inks after heat embossing with gold. I added sparkle with moonshine sequins and Star Dust Stickles to the body of the butterfly.

STAMPS: Flying By (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch distress inks (Ranger); Versamark.
PAPER: Harvest Gold, True Black, White (Papertrey Ink).
DIES: Border Bling: Blooming Hearts, Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles, Flying By (Papertrey Ink); Sentiment Suite Basics (The Greetery).
OTHER: Queen's Gold embossing powder (Ranger); Moonshine sequins, Star Dust Stickles (PTI).
 

 
In hind sight, I wish I had omitted the black circle and used vellum instead. Glad you stopped by...thanks and have a great day!  ~Wanda

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a stunning butterfly Wanda! the combination of the gold and watercoloured rainbow makes it look really opulent (and I like the black circle btw - I think it makes your butterfly more impactful). Love the additional diecut background panel too. Thanks for playing TicTacToe with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Christy Lynn said...

I love how your watercoloring looks on this showstopper butterfly! The transitions from one color to the next are perfect. All that shiny gold makes this such a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wanda, this is stunning! I love how your beautiful butterfly pops with the gorgeous rainbow shading and embossed detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!