Friday, February 25, 2022

PTI Reveal Day #3


It's day three of reveals for the February release at Papertrey Ink with products becoming available for sale on the 27th at 10pm EST. Today, we are introducing you to Elegant Eggs dies + Feathered Friends Mini 20 stamp set and dies + Inside Greetings: Spring Blessings. I have three cards that showcase these new products!

I wanted to place these sweet new chicks in the middle of lots of blooms to portray spring bursting forth, so I used Into the Blooms II dies along with the nest image from an older stamp set (Hello Pumpkin).
I used the Border Bling: Tin Stitch die for the background and sponged Harvest Gold ink along the edges.  Nuvo embellishment mousse works well when you add water to a small portion of it on an acrylic block. You can pick it up with a small brush and splatter it onto the background. It gives a hint of sheen without being too glittery.

I stamped the chicks in Harvest Gold then added more dimension by flicking Copic markers (Y11 and YR12) along the edges and at shadowed areas and also on the legs. Prismacolor pencils were used to add details to the flowers.

I clear embossed the nest and gold embossed the sentiment.
STAMPS: Feathered Friends Mini 20, Hello Pumpkin
INK: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Honey Nut, Orange Zest, True Black, Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface, White
DIES: Into the Blooms II, Feathered Friends Mini 20, Hello Pumpkin, Mix & Mat: Postal, Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Pattern Party
OTHER: Nuvo Embellishment Mousse gold, Prismacolor pencils, Clear embossing powder

These elegant egg dies are another favorite from this release!

I had a panel of pink and orange alcohol inks in my leftover stash and decided to go with that color combo for this mini slimline card.I color blended matching dye inks - Raspberry Fizz from PTI and Apricot from Pinkfresh Studios - onto Bristol Smooth Surface paper. It's my go to choice for color blending!

Here's a photo of all the elements I used...including an inside sentiment. I am trying to do better with adding some details to the inside of my cards and love that PTI has great sentiments for inside greetings! I try to coordinate it with the card front in some way and here I used Bitty Big: Raspberry Fizz patterned paper. I love that there is a tiny butterfly die you can layer over the one egg to add dimension!

I couldn't resist using moonshine sequins for embellishments and they are available from PTI! I love that they come in three different sizes.

STAMPS: Inside Greetings: Spring Blessings
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Apricot, Alcohol inks
PAPER: White, Bristol Smooth Surface, Yupo, Bitty Big: Raspberry Fizz
DIES: Elegant Eggs, Layerz Mat Stack 1
OTHER: Mini Slimline Essential Bundle

My last card features an elegant version of the largest egg in the Elegant Eggs set. I wanted to keep it clean and simple. 

Gold Mirror card stock was used as the egg background and also for the butterfly. The filigree die part was cut from an alcohol ink panel that also has gold alloy ink along with the blue ink. 

I smooshed the leafy die into Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Cracked Pistachio distress inks. After it dried, I splattered Mowed Lawn and watered down Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in gold. Inside of card is on the left <---.

STAMPS: Spring Greetings, Floral Delicacies
INK: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio distress inks; Alcohol inks + Gold alloy.
PAPER: Yupo, Mirror Gold, White.
DIES: Elegant Eggs, Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical, Floral Delicacies

 

SUPPLIES


 



That's all for today! One more day of reveals before the release goes live on the 27th. I hope you are enjoying these new items as much as I enjoyed creating with them!   ~Wanda


 

1 comment:

Carmela said...

Adorable cards! I do love those little chicks!!