Monday, January 31, 2022

What Do I Do With This?

 

I'm up on the Papertrey Ink blog today with a card creation for the newest What Do I Do With This? challenge. It's no secret that my first choice with card creations is usually flowers and birds! I'm showing the newest Feathered Friends 19 die set using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and Textured Paste Crackle - both available at PTI. 

Step 1: I used Aquamarine mousse with a Dots stencil to cover the Aqua Mist card base. I then adhered a Border Bling: Skinny Postage frame...positioning it in the lower right corner.

Step 2: Prepping the florals was done by cutting them all from Bristol Smooth Surface paper which tolerates water and other liquid mediums well. 

Step 3: I love to get varied colors by ink "smooshing" with distress inks. For the flowers and leaves, I placed 3 colors on an acrylic block or glass mat, spritzed with water, then dipped watercolor paper into the inks. I dried after each "smoosh" and built up the layers of color until I was satisfied. Not drying between times can result in muddy colors. A final splatter of Permanent White Gouache paint finished up the process.


Step 4: I cut all die parts of the bird from Bristol Smooth Surface paper and covered the main body part with aquamarine mousse. It gives a pearlized look which is a fun detail. The remaining pieces were color blended with dye inks. I added crackle paste to the wings which adds another element of texture.


Step 5: Now comes the fun part of arranging all the elements! I avoid gluing down the tips of the foliage and also added Glossy Accents to the berries to give added dimension.
 


So... how do you add texture and dimension to your projects? We'd love to have you join in the challenge and post your card on the PTI blog post. Happy stamping!  ~Wanda


STAMPS: Just Sentiments: With Sympathy
INK: Dried Marigold, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Bundled Sage, Evergreen Branch, Pine Needles distress inks; True Black, Classic Kraft, Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Lemon Tart, Weathervane, Hawaiian Shores.
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface, White, Aqua Mist.
DIES: Feathered Friends 19, Into the Blooms: Dahlia, Border Bling: Skinny Postage, Stitched circle and rectangle.
OTHER: Dots stencil, Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Aquamarine, Distress Texture Paste Crackle, Glossy Accents.

No comments: