Saturday, April 11, 2020

Spring Birthday


Our youngest grand will turn one on the 16th and lives about 2 1/2 hours away. With all the COVID-19 quarantine, we will miss seeing her in person and will need to settle for Facetime! I can hardly stand not being there in person, but I know it's for the best.


I started with these beautiful patterned papers from Gina K Designs Sending Love 6x6 pack. Not birthday papers per se, but loved the springy colors and thought it would work for the "spring fling" theme that's happening for the Seize the Birthday challenge. I combined stamps from SU (Number of Years) and Reverse Confetti (Lift Me Up). Images were colored with Copics.
I added Clear Star glitter pen highlights on the cupcake icing (not gray in real life). 



I just made a dozen deviled eggs since it's not Easter without them - lol! BBQ chicken on the grill will also be on the menu along with some cheesy potatoes and a veggie. Oh...and you can't forget the chocolate cake! My birthday falls on Easter this year and the weather isn't sounding too great. May have to move up the meal to this evening. Have a blessed Easter everyone!     ~Wanda

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Wanda, your card is absolutely adorable! Also, Happy Birthday to you! I know Easter is just not the same this year, miss my son and his family as well, as we are always together for Easter. Lets hope this doesn't go on too much longer. Wishing you a blessed Easter!

LeAnne said...

Just so cute and fun! You'll have to give her an extra squeeze and kiss when you finally see her! Happy Resurrection Day!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable card!! I know the feeling about missing birthdays- I missed Willow's first bday as I woke up sick on the day and then, this year COVID 19!! Facetime did help though!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So adorable! Love that giraffe. Thanks for joining in at STB