Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Paper Players Sketch Challenge



It's been way too long since I played along with The Paper Players challenge! Laurie has a great sketch for us and it was perfect to create a simple sympathy card that I needed for a former nursing supervisor who lost her mother several days ago. 

I played around with some alcohol inks this afternoon and loved the combination of Pool and Sublime inks by Ranger. I added the gold Alloy mixative and blending solution to work it around on Yupo paper.



I really LOVE
this new blending tool and highly recommend it. My preference of paper is by far to use Yupo when I want to blend alcohol inks. I pick some up whenever Mike's has a coupon opportunity - lol!

The sentiment die is by Lil' Inker Designs and has three layers to make it a thicker consistency. The stitched rectangle dies are by My Favorite Things. I used a foam mat with adhesive on one side to "pop" up the alcohol ink panel. I find this is more cost effective than foam tape when I have larger panels to pop up. I get it at Michael's in the poster board and paint section of the store rather than the card making supplies area.

Well...it's raining again here in VA again. Seems like a day rarely passes when it doesn't rain. Hopefully April showers will bring May flowers!                                                ~Wanda

4 comments:

Allisa said...

Your background is amazing! I have yet to play with alcohol inks, but totally need to try them! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Stef Perry said...

Alcohol inks can make the most amazing designs and I really love your color combo of green and blue with the gold. It makes for a wonderful sympathy card. It was great to see you in the gallery, Wanda! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Wanda! The colors in that background are so vibrant. Thanks so much for joining us the week over at The Paper Players!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that inky background is wonderful!