Thursday, April 23, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches



I'm playing along with the new Freshly Made Sketches challenge. CAS designs are not my forte so I'm happy to push myself to do clean and simple on occasion and their sketches are perfect to get the job done. 

I went to my leftover pile and found some water color paper where I had smooshed Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet distress inks. It was then sprayed with Smooch Spritz which gives it a glistening finish when you hold it in the light. I layered that strip over a striped piece of patterned paper.


STAMPS: Butterfly Blossoms (Reverse Confetti).
PAPER: Amethyst Allure, Tropical Teal, White (Papertrey Ink); Patterned striped paper - ? source.
INK:  Bermuda Bay (SU) used to sponge edges of wreath; Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet distress inks by Ranger; Memento Tuxedo Black.
DIES: Leafy Wreath (Reverse Confetti). 

It's going to be a cloudy and rainy day here in Virginia, so I'm thinking that excuses me to spend more time in my stamp room! :-)
                                                                               ~Wanda

3 comments:

Nora Noll said...

I love the pretty wreath that you made on this. The lovely paper that you created is gorgeous!!

Jen Timko said...

What wonderful colors! That wreath is perfect for the sketch and I, too, love that paper. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Karren said...

Your horizontal strip is just gorgeous Wanda and works perfectly with the wreath! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.