Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Ink to Paper's Project: Reach Out


The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly turned the world upside
down! I hope and pray that everyone reading this is staying healthy while we continue on with the social distancing, hand washing and
stay at home mode. One thing I really love about the stamping community is the spirit of love, community and positivity that is forever present! Ink to Paper is a company that chooses to put a positive spin on this crisis and has challenged the design team to come up with projects that "reach out" to others through paper crafting. 

I wanted to "play tag" for my project and chose to do a favorite of mine: make tags to attach to a small gift which supports the "just a little thank you" theme!  I used the same basic supplies and just varied the layout and the colors with each one.

I used Charming Tag Dies, Blossoming Branches and Infinity Frames Sentiments stamps and Bitty Big patterned papers on all three tags. TIP: If you haven't discover these papers yet, you really must check them out! There are two stripes, two polka dots and two plaids in every color package and it makes it so easy to coordinate!



My first gift will go to a local health care worker and it includes a
small paper bag filled with a variety of lifesavers. While I'm a retired nurse and not in the middle of the frenzy of current health care workers, our daughter is a full-time RN working in Greenville, South Carolina and is facing all kinds of upheavals in her job as a critical care and long term acute care nursing RN. Here's hoping this small gift will brighten someone's day!






One of the saddest results of this pandemic is the fact that businesses are fighting huge financial losses and are having to lay off employees.

My second project is a tag attached to a mini kraft bag that is large enough to insert a gift card or some cash. I plan to give cash to a family whose one parent was just laid off from her job. 

TIP: The crimped heart is symbolic of the love that is felt for this family!


Lastly...who doesn't love some home-baked goodies?! My third tag was attached to a mini loaf of banana bread that I gifted as a random act of kindness.  

Many of our local restaurants are getting creative and offering curb service, deliveries, etc. so they can continue to serve the community. I chose to support one of my favorite small burger places the other day and decided to gift this bread to the lady who brought my order to my car! Her smile and repeated thank yous were all I needed to know this small gesture had blessed someone!



I hope I've inspired you to pay it forward and remember someone in your community during these difficult times. My mother always
said "This too shall pass" and we will all be happy when it truly does pass!
                                               Happy stamping!            ~Wanda

4 comments:

Seletta said...

Thank you for the idea for gift card or money holders.I have a friend that expressed to me that she wanted to give out gift cards to people in need, this will be a great way to gift them. Tanks again.
Stay well and stamp on.

jan metcalf said...

Love your sweet tags!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tags!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Hi Wanda, I live on the other side of the world and we suffer the same problems as you. Love how you created little gifts with these beautiful tags! These little gestures to let people know that you support them and that we all in this together. I just made a bunch of cards to send to older people who can't see their loved ones at this moment. It is great how our hobby can make a small difference.. Stay safe..