Thursday, January 31, 2019

Orchid Expressions



This is my first time playing along with CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge  where we are challenged to use Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi and Sweet Sugarplum colors plus the sketch for a double challenge. I wanted to ink up these orchids by PTI for awhile and thought these colors would work well.  The flower pot was stamped off once for the 1st step, then full Elegant Eggplant ink was used for the second step.




I used Sweet Sugarplum ink for the lightest orchid color then stamped with Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry for the next two steps.  The leaves were stamped with Wild Wasabi then Garden Green.  I die cut the largest size of the Circle Scribbles (PTI) dies and I added texture to the card base by using a stitched cover plate die by Lil Inker Designs. The sentiment was stamped three times with a MISTI using Versafine Onyx Black ink.

STAMPS: Orchid Expressions and Direct Messages by Papertrey Ink.

It's another very cold day here in VA - presently 12 degrees - but I'm holding out for a milder weekend and next week it's to get into the 60's!!! That doesn't happen often in February!

4 comments:

karen h said...

Pretty card! I'm impressed with how the sentiment came out - I always manage to shift my MISTI lid just enough that the letters are never this clear. Thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&S!

Wei said...

Beautiful card! Great interpretation of the sketch with the flower! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Patricia Hays said...

I like how the crosshatch background adds visual interest but it doesn't detract from the sketch. It's a really nice take on our CC&S double challenge! I'm glad you found us, and I hope you'll join us soon for another challenge! :)

P.S. I remember chatting with you years ago about how we live in the same county. I hope you're enjoying the 60-plus degree sunny weather today!

samantha's cards said...

Lovely take on the sketch , thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.