Thursday, January 10, 2019

Happy 5th Anniversary to FCC!




The ladies at Fusion Card Challenge are celebrating 5 years today! Each of us has invited a guest designer and I'm thrilled to share that Broni Holcombe of Splashes of Watercolor graciously agreed to be my guest!  I'm a long time fan of Broni's work and am always in awe of her creative eye for design and her fabulous coloring skills! Click on her blog link above to see the gorgeous card she created!  

As a special treat, friends at CAS-ual Fridays have offered us a $25 gift code for one randomly drawn entrant in the gallery. Thanks so much, Michele!  

Below is my take on both the sketch and the inspiration photo...


This simple design features the delicate Floral and Flutterby dies by Concord and 9th. The process of a butterfly going through all the changes as it matures is truly a miracle which is what led me to my sentiment choice from Sweet 'n Sassy's Everyday Miracles stamp set.

For more inspiration, be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has created.. Barb Ghigliotty, Jeanne Jachna, Jen Mitchell, Karren Johnson, Linda Callahan, Lyndal Higgins , Michelle Leone, Michelle Lupton, Wanda Cullen (you are here). Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you in the Fusion gallery!

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love those sweet butterflies against that beautiful background!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors! I think I have that butterfly die and it hasn't seen the light of day for quite a while. I think I'll have to rectify that - thanks for the inspiration!