Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sweet Violets for Harriet


Love my Sunday afternoons...basketball games and the Nascar race going on my TV and I'm in my stamping corner creating this CASE for today's Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS - Harriet aka hskelly! She's been dubbed the queen of clean and this card is the one I chose to CASE.  I am also making this card for Flourishes' Pinter-Inspiration Challenge which will continue on through this coming week's release time.  I'm so excited to see what new images they will be peeking!  So, here's the lovely Design Seeds photo that is to be our inspiration...gorgeous spring colors and just perfect for me to ink up these sweet violets!

I'm on a roll with coloring with Copics!  I figure I've got to get better as long as I keep practicing, right?  
The sentiment banner is a die from Lil' Inker Designs.  I used a diamond EF for the BG and die cut the image using a Labels Eleven Nestabilities die.  My photo didn't pick up the pretty purple shade of the rhinestones, but they are great IRL - lol! 

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful! That's one of my favorite Flourishes sets!

Marisa said...

Love violets and that EF in the BG. Fabulously coloured and a gorgeous card :)

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! Coloring is fabulous and love that embossing folder!!!

ChristineCreations said...

GORGEOUS Wanda. Beautiful use of the colors and the white just pops against the purple. Thanks for playing with us this month!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous wanda, love the textured background. Thanks for playing in flourishes challenge.

Peggy said...

Simply beautiful!

Dawn B. said...

Wanda this is gorgeous. I love your coloring on the leaves. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

dpkennedy said...

So pretty Wanda! I love that embossed background! Very elegant! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Good gracious, this is beautiful! Love the embossed background and perfect coloring! Thanks so much for playing!