Friday, March 23, 2012

In the Garden

Spring has sprung at Raise the Bar and this week the challenge is taking you into the garden! Just create a card reflecting a gardening theme...flowers, tools, picket fences...you get the idea. I love this image by Mo Manning and had fun coloring her with Copics. After I finalized the card, I realized I forgot to add some "dirt" to her blue jeans! :-(  The frog, seed packet and spade stamps are from an old SU set called Garden Pleasures.  To give the frog some mottled texture, I dotted the image with a colorless blender. 
The layout is this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS. 
Hope you can join us in this fun challenge....hop on over (I'm toadally into the frog frame of mind - lol) to the Raise the Bar blog and see what the other bartenders have come up with for your inspiration!

PAPER: Cosmo Cricket "Garden Variety" DP, Vintage Cream (PTI).

8 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Oh this is so sweet!! love the bright cheery colours... hugs

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Mo makes the most adorable images! Your coloring is fab, GF, and so is that dp!! Love it!

LeAnne said...

Wanda, this is adorable...your image & papers are perfect for the garden challenge. Perhaps she is just starting her gardening, and hasn't gotten her jeans dirty yet! LOL!

Peggy said...

My all time favorite DP!! I think I have a few scraps left, lol! Such an adorable card! Love it!

Julia Aston said...

What pretty papers you paired with this sweet little Mo image Wanda!

Julie said...

So stinking cute Wanda! Love your coloring!

Thanh Vo said...

Similar to the message I left Joni, this sure shines through to up here in my corner of Canada, Wanda! Brilliant colours.

angelwhispers said...

Such a perfect in the garden card I just love all the vibrant colours they are just superb with this lovely image. Love Chanelle xxx