Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Color Throwdown Challenge #676

 


It's Wednesday and that means a new Color Throwdown challenge with red, cream and gold as the colors. I'm combining this with the sketch challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. I'm calling the green leaves a neutral though technically there is some green in the inspiration photo - lol! I wanted to use the new (to me) pierced cover plate from Altenew so went with an oldie but goodie stamp/die set (Peony Scrolls) from them as well.


I added torn washi tape then popped the sentiment strip and the florals
with foam tape to add more dimension.

STAMPS: Sentiment Suite: Birthday (The Greetery); Peony Scrolls (Altenew).
INK: True Black (Papertrey Ink).
PAPER: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink).
DIES: Peony Scrolls, Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover die (Altenew); Sentiment Suite Basics (The Greetery).
OTHER: Gold cord, Washi tape, Copics
 
I colored the images with Copics.

 


 

We would love to have you play along with us at Color Throwdown! Hope to see you in the gallery!  ~Wanda

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love your coloring and design. That dotted cover plate is lovely and makes a great background for the pretty flowers. TFS

Donna Scholz said...

What a wonderful interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, Wanda! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I agree, those pierced dies are really awesome for background, aren't they? I love our coloring of the peonies... just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your creative talents and card with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Anna said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love your use of washi tape for this sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday and hope you join us again soon.
Anna, Design Team