Saturday, April 1, 2023

Seize the Birthday

 


I have a boat load of birthdays coming up in March and April, so you will see quite a few birthday creations popping up here! I am playing along with the Seize the Birthday challenge which has a theme of "things in a garden" (strawberries and flowers on my cards).

 


I pulled some old stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink and used up some hot foiled panels (matte white foil on Limeade Ice card stock) in my leftover bin. All of the die elements (cupcake, flowers, leaves) were cut from Bristol Smooth Surface paper then color blended with tiny brushes using PTI dye inks. I added Rock Candy crystal clear glitter to the icing. The cards are pretty identical with the excep

 

STAMPS: Sweet Celebration (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Sweet Sorbet, Pale Peony, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Harvest Gold, Honey Nut, Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, New Leaf; Versafine Clair Nocturne by Tsukineko.
PAPER: Limeade Ice, White; Bristol Smooth Surface.
DIES: Sweet Celebration, Love to Layer: Ovals, Mix & Mat: Postal die; Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).
OTHER: Ornate Swirls and Delicate Circles hot foil plates, Dotted stencil (PTI); White matte foil (Spellbinders); Enamel dots; Distress Rock Candy clear glitter. 
 
That's it for now. The two final four basketball games for the men are tonight and I'm hoping for as much excitement as with the girls final games last evening! It made my day to see Iowa beat South Carolina! Kaitlin Clark is just such a phenomenal player! Thanks for stopping by....~Wanda

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Well if I received this gorgeous and yummy-looking birthday card, I would love it. Love the added sparkle and that great-looking strawberry! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun card! Love the cupcake :) - Thanks for joining in at STB